This course syllabus meets the criteria specified in the Sure Start guidance and meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum. As such it is the mandatory course for Ofsted registered childcare settings.
WHO IS IT FOR?
On-site training courses for pre-schools, nurseries, childminders, nannies or any groups working with 5 year olds and younger, where their parents or guardians are not present.
This course is also suitable for those organisations that want to provide comprehensive first aid cover for children.
The course has to contain 12 hours contact teaching time. It can be taught over two days, (e.g. 9:00am to 4:00pm), or other arrangements can be made to suit your needs – Three 4 ½ hour sessions (e.g. 10:00am to 2:30pm), or four 3 ¼ hour sessions (e.g. 3:30pm to 6:45pm). Refreshment breaks are included in these suggested times.
Contact Us to enquire about this course or please call 01453 758035.
NUMBER OF CANDIDATES
The maximum recommended number of candidates per course is 12. If you require more than 12 candidates trained at the same time, please contact us to discuss how this can be achieved.
COURSE CONTENT INCLUDES
- Planning for first aid emergencies in the childcare setting
- Managing emergencies in the childcare setting
- Managing the unconscious baby, child or adult
- Resuscitation of babies, children and adults
- Recognising and dealing with in babies and children:
- Choking; wounds and bleeding; shock; anaphylaxis; burns and scalds; fractures; fainting; extremes of temperature; head injury; neck and back injury; electrocution; poisoning; foreign bodies in ears, eyes, nose; eye injuries; asthma; hyperventilation; croup; epilepsy; febrile convulsion; diabetes; meningitis; sickle cell disorder; bites and stings
- Record keeping; consent; giving medication
- First-aid box and contents; hygiene
Each candidate receives an FAIB approved Paediatric First Aid certificate (Ofsted recognised) valid for three years and a paediatric first aid handbook. An A4 display certificate is provided for the organisation or group.